Friday, February 10, 2006

Glad Gladys

I went to visit my old friend Gladys. We haven't been friends all that long, but she is 91 so I can call her my old friend. She is always so happy, it's probably how she got the name.

She and her daughter live on a VERY fixed income and yet she never complains. And what do you think I came home with?! Gifts from Gladys! Homemade honey apricot jam, butternut squash, peanut butter cookies, a magazine and some leftover welfare food she wanted to donate to the shelter. She's amazing!

I took her some wood scraps from a local cabinet shop. She uses them in her wood stove to heat her house in the winter. We first met when I was just learning to garden and she would write to me and give me tips and advice. I've learned so much from her.... She is always talking about what the Lord is doing for her and how He has helped her, she is always wanting to give her last penny for a great cause or charity, she is always busy, she is aways cheerful, she prays constantly about everything, she does her excersizes every morning..... she is a wonderful old friend.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:44 PM

    What an inspiration. If I can just remember that it is only in giving that I receive.I want to learn from the Gladys' how to give out of the abuundance of my heart, not just my pocketbook. That is how it is meant to be. What a wonderful blessing Gladys has been to you. Mom

    ReplyDelete