Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What Happened?

Wow, we have a kid and nobody hears from us ever again. Sheesh. What a bum deal. I think it's funny that we started this blog to keep people updated on our life, but we never post updates so it turned out to be a big frustration to both you and us! Sorry. At least we update our picasa web photo albums! That's b/c Frank is in charge of uploading pictures and I am in charge of updating the BLOG. It has turned into more of a photo-journal instead.

But, for those few and far between times, like this, I have an urge to write. So here goes:

Frank is enjoying the summer break from school. He is now working part-time at Best Buy in Modesto in their Geek Squad. (No, he can't get you any deals like we previously had been told. Big bummer, I know.) He makes for a VERY cute Geek, I might add. Haddie and I are enjoying Frank being home more now that school is out. He will (Lord willing) finish up his pre-requisite classes next semester and be ready to apply for nursing school in the fall (please pray). Since we're living so close to downtown now, we enjoy going for walks to the park, library, post office or grocery store together.

Haddie's newest hobbies include taking her diaper off in public and picking her nose for boogers and giving them to mommy. Her vocabulay is slowly increasing, saying shoe and kitty most of the time and making various animal sounds. Currently she has a cold, maybe due to allergies or teething or both. And, at 15 months we are proud to announce that she is FINALLY sleeping through the night. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this day... well, okay, I guess you do....I just told you (15 months). Duh.

I am also enjoying summer break from school, that is, from substitute teaching. Hopefully I can fill in a few times for summer school teachers if needed, babysit and pick up odd jobs from friends and family to help with the ever increasing family budget (those darn gas prices). I will, Lord willing, be teaching a class at the Turlock Adult School on community gardening next semester...finally put all that schooling to use.

Our summer plans are wonderfully uneventful this year. I guess we will be spending lots of time playing in the yard with the water hose, or something. Our spring was actually wonderfully busy, if you can believe it. My lovely sister got hitched to a splendid catch of a man. A perfect fit and a great addition to our family. He brings lots of laughter not only to us, but he makes Daphne shine like I've never seen before. We enjoyed a few days of celebration twice in Omaha, NE. In April mom, Haddie and I flew out for 4 days for Daphne's shower. Then mom, dad, Aunt Joy, Andrew, Leah, Frank, Haddie and I went for the wedding at the end of May. Great wedding, even better reception, and tomorrow we get to see them again as they come to Cali for another reception for all the guests who couldn't make the out of state wedding. They've been fun events to plan and prepare for.

But, right now I need to prepare for tomorrow. So that means I've got to hit the hay. In our family, that means go to bed. See all the cool sayings you learn when you grow up on a farm! I guess being deliriously tired makes it sound cool to me right now. It's 10:45 pm and I'm losing it. Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment