Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lasagna anyone?

Lasagna anyone?

This is what Patricia Lanza calls a lasagna garden. It's made up of layers of organic matter, much like a compost pile. I used wetted newspaper first, then green weeds, then pine needles, next was kitchen scraps and shredded paper and topped off with composted manure and leaves. The cool thing is that you don't have to wait for it to compost before you use it in the garden.... you just plant right into it. The idea is that you have a raised bed, without weeds and without the wasted space and time composting takes. Im trying to bring this potato vine back to life... it was given to me because it was presumed dead. With a little love I think it will thrive... just like us... the manure's of life mixed with love from the Father make us stronger.





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Melia, I love it. At what stage do you put the cheese on? And what time is dinner? Yum......

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry mom, no meat, dairy or oils allowed in this lasagna!

    ReplyDelete