We had a funny start to our Christmas this year but it was definately memorable... We had previously decided not to buy gifts for each other this Christmas because funds have been short. Besides, we were busy with fun family affairs and hardley noticed until the day of when our parents presented mushy gushy love letters to each other that brought tears to our eyes and reminded us that we hadn't even gotten each other a card!So we, or should I say I, decided then and there that we were to celebrate Christmas late... of course I had to explain the whole illogical idea to Frank about how my feelings changed and how now I do want to celebrate with gifts, and that we could use the money that we recieved as gifts from our parents to purchase gifts for each other. Good ol Frank, he's so patient with me. And he got me the sweetest thing... a book on country living, self sustainably. It was perfect! I was not as creative; I got him two shirts, socks and boxers.
So to finish my story, the following weekend after Christmas we celebrated at home by getting all dolled up and I made enchiladas, spanish rice and beans for dinner. After opening our gifts we snuggled on the couch with a movie. It was so wonderful. Thank you Frank...
You're so very welcome, my love ;)
ReplyDelete